Monday, September 12, 2016

Long time ago there was this blog happening....

WOW!! I knew it had been a long time since I had posted but no idea it was over 3 1/2 years. My apologies.  A few huge changes have occurred, none of which I will go into here, but things seem to finally be settling down.  So back to the reason you follow, or at least used to, gaming.


                   
                                           
           
         
         



Shameless plug for my FLGS.  They have a wide variety of comic back issues, action figures, board games, X-Wing, MtG, FoW, RPGs, and some old school platform video games.

It had been a few months since the last time I got to go out to the local game store, so I thought that would be as good of any other reason I could think of to start up the blog again.




The first game I played was a quick and easy game of X-wing, I lost which is no big surprise to anyone, but I missed playing and had a good time.  I flew a squad consisting of Night Curse, Soontir Fell, and Boba Fett, I forget which upgrades they had but not matter.   I flew against an Old Crow and 2 new X-wings, also don't remember their upgrades.  It went longer than it probably should have but I wanted to at least get one kill.  And that didn't happen either, LOL.





My next few games were Dicemasters. I really love this game, I don't buy regularly by any means and by far most of my stuff is from the first few sets.  But I truly enjoy this game.  I fielded my standard Storm dickish deck. Or at least that's what my bro Dennis calls it, in jest.  I think I went 2-2, I tried a new tactic in a few of the games, it worked once and not the other 2.  But that's in the details.




Finally, my last hour or so, went to learning Force of Will CCG. I really like it as well, but will take a few more games to get the newness down.  For the most part it is like MtG and several other CCGs, but has enough difference in the cards as far as characters and themes to keep my interest.  I lost to my bro Dennis, who was learning as well but still had fun.  And hopefully will be able to make it to the regular FoW nights at the store, but that is also the same night as X-Wing, so we will see which I play more of.

Well I have probably bored you long enough, so until next time... Have fun and Good Gaming!!

1 comment: